PDA

View Full Version : global control rotation skews the character

JaredTaylor
10-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi,

When I rotate my character with the global control the character's arms and legs skew.

I've deleted the curve, the ik spline handle, the expression controlling the twist, the clusters, everything, and it's still happening.

I even deleted the joints. :/

Tried everything I can think of and am 100% stumped as to why this is happening. Tried chucking parent constraints (or just plain parenting) all over the place without luck.

Rotate it 180 degrees and the legs are crossed!

I'd really appreciate any help at all, because currently until this is fixed, all my rigs will end up not being able to rotate. They can scale and translate.

Maya 2011.

JaredTaylor
10-27-2010, 09:40 AM
This is the most annoying thing on the entire planet.

Three days without a fix, I post this, and one minute later I'm like "hey wait, did I put a parent constraint on the skeleton group?"

I put them on every single thing I could think of, but somehow missed that one thing, then was just going through it again on a whim and noticed only the scale was constrained.

This isn't the first time I've found a solution moments after posting either, it happens literally a third of the time. :/

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2010, 09:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.