PDA

View Full Version : Muscular topology tips? tutorials?

erazal
10-07-2003, 08:54 AM
I need a little help and some info from the professionals i see here on CGtalk. I'm currently trying to model a character that is heavily muscled, in a sense a very exaggerated comic book type physique is what i'm aiming for. I've finished the head, i'm just having a little trouble with the musculature of the torso.

I know this sounds like a question that's been asked before, but i can assure you that i'm not asking for a simple "how to model the human body" type quesition, i know how to do that. I'm just curious how most of you start off in creating the male human figure, musculature and all, topology intact. I've made a few attempts at it, however i could never really get it to look right, or more accurately, i can never get my animations to move right. I'm sure it's because i never payed any attention in making my model as quad friendly as possible, and paid for it dearly.

I've looked at techniques done by bay raitt and his style is crazy! i just am in awe at how he knows where each verticies or edge loops are supposed to go to achieve what he wants to achieve.

So basically, i'm after the techinical side of how to model the male human figure, not just modelling for the hell of it, but modelling a physically correct, fully animatable muscle man figure with proper topology, muscle system, and with as many well planned quads as possible. Any tips on this or any TUTORIALS that you can point me to would really be much appreciated. All i seem to find are tutorials on how to make the female figure, which i dont mind, but i already know how to do that.

Thanks in advance

onlooker
06-24-2004, 04:34 PM
There is a body topology sticky thread in the maya forum that Steven Stahlberg has been very involved in. A large muscle bound male musculature has not been heavily discussed in the 46 page thread that I know of - yet. But if your looking for insight I would page through it first, and then ask your question in there.
I recently paged through it myself, and found more than enough answers already in there (with pictures) it's a very helpful thread. There are also a lot of very nice, and helpful participants actively involved with that thread.
Good luck.

Body Topology (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=108412) :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.