PDA

View Full Version : Train Station, Luciano Neves (3D)

LucianoNeves
10-07-2003, 05:57 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/13709/image_all_lrvn_gallery_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/13709/image_all_lrvn_gallery.jpg)

Hello everyone or better.. friends ![/IMG]:beer:

I take some time for to do that scene and training ilumination, texture etc.
This images are "Train Station -1900" of my city...or...where I was born ! :-)
I put one a small photo below for to show you and see how is "old" ...or destroyed !
Because is not old, old.....but it is just "shut down". I modeling with 3D Studio Max 5.1 and made some adjust about color with Photopaint. I made also one mix with a 2 images one renderized with normal lights and another one with Lightracer...and put the first image above the second image with 30% transparent.
So in closing, thanks and the comments are welcome!!!:thumbsup:

Larger image with shaded views:
http://www.stillartstudio.com/image_all_lrvn.jpg

markoid
10-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Very nice models and renders!
The dark patches on the 2 visible roofs don't look right to me, a couple of them appear to be repeating.
Beautiful work though.

Sqwall
10-07-2003, 10:12 AM
I like it but the shadows must be a little softer I think. And the corner of the building should not be knife shap ;). Textures are awsome. Great work.

markoid
10-07-2003, 10:17 AM
oh yeh and the texture map (bricks) on the tall tower don't align on the two walls ;-)

Sqwall
10-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by markoid
oh yeh and the texture map (bricks) on the tall tower don't align on the two walls ;-)

Yep I saw that too lately.

Max4ever
10-07-2003, 10:31 AM
I would probabely choose a blue version for the shadows because it seems you have a yellow,slightly orange light.
the modeling is good and so the textures but you should work a bit on the light. you should have some contrasts betwen the light and the model because the stones reflect the light in different ways.try some post production.
how many lights in the scene?

Garbaman83
10-07-2003, 11:17 AM
There's nothing I don't like about this image. Superb :thumbsup:

Maxanimation
10-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Irado, mermao, trabalho profissa......animal mesmo....

ta de parabens.....

depois posto algo em ingles...

pra dar mais moral....

[]s
Marcelo Leal

JRBRAZ
10-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Tá muito bom, só acho que vc deve dar mais atenção à textura dos telhados mesmo, pois ela está repetindo muito .... como já disseram, e tb nos tijolos ao redor da janelas da torre, acho que eles estão corretos, só está faltando uma linha branca ao redor deles, pois esses tijolos não são continuação dos tijolos da parede ... ou seja, vc pode fazer os tijolos seguindo a forma da janela, mas depois deles tem que ter outra camada de massa (linha branca) antes de encontrar com os outros tijolos ..

Outra coisa, ainda sobre a textura do telhado, é que parece que está com blur nele todo, mas a janela lateral não está, então fica estranho ... acho que vc tem que fazer esse blur gradual ... para a parte do fundo do telhado está legal como está, mas para o começo, tem que ficar bem nítido mesmo, pois ele está no mesmo plano da fachada do prédio que está bem nítido tb ...

Bom para ganhar um selo do cgtalk, basta dar atenção a esses detalhes, mas mesmo assim, como está agora, está MUITO legal.

Awsome work!!!

Obizzz
10-07-2003, 08:41 PM
there are some valid critiques mentioned earlier like repeating textures etc but overall it's a great image!

Kel Solaar
10-07-2003, 10:45 PM
nice render and very good modelling, maybe too much dark in sahdows area, otherwise this is great :)

urgaffel
10-08-2003, 12:02 AM
It's a nice image but you've got some texture and blur problems.

The roof tiles seem to have a dof effect on them, but nothing else. This might be because the texture is blurred, I don't know. If you look at the roof to the left, the little window part is very crips, while the roof tiles are very blurred all around it. You might also look into the dark splotches, they seem to be repeating.

The brick walls suffer from the same problem, it looks slightly blurry. Lastly, the main tower texture, you really should have separate textures for the different sides. Right now you can see that it's the same texture, that doesn't line up.

It's really a nice image, just needs a little more work on the texturing to make it shine.

Cynical_Saint
10-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Beautifull and well executed.

The only thing I notice is that even tho the original pic is B&W, you can tell thta the texture of the tower should be alot lighter than the one you are currently using.

Other than that, superb scene!

Array
10-08-2003, 12:37 AM
very nice. the only thing that bothers me is the DOF....it makes it appear as if this is a render of a miniature, or if its a render of a normal sized building photographed by an enormous camera.

Salaadin
10-08-2003, 12:59 AM
thats almos a photoreal building you got there ..great details and modeling too..

Neil
10-08-2003, 01:18 AM
very nice. I like the center tower the most.

the street light is hardly noticeable, but once i did see it, it really added to the realism.

I agree with fixing the DOF.

blade of bunny
10-08-2003, 01:37 AM
:beer: great work!!!

manutara
10-08-2003, 02:36 AM
Yeah...the depth of field look really wrong...How did you work on that?

And some textures also need some work...

Nice job :thumbsup:

LucianoNeves
10-08-2003, 02:58 AM
Really thank you very much, I will be waiting for more postages to answer to all.

Thanks friends :-)

VirtualFM
10-08-2003, 03:18 AM
Great job Luciano!

How long did you take to model and texture this?

PS: Cumprimentos de Portugal! :wavey:

LucianoNeves
10-08-2003, 03:29 AM
more or less 48 hours.

EXceed
10-08-2003, 03:33 AM
Esta super, se parece a la estacion donde yo vivia..

Felicidades...

bananas3531
10-08-2003, 05:47 AM
nice.very nice

Russell Campos
10-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Caramba Luciano, que foda cara!!! Sem palavras mesmo, muito muito bom, parabens pelo estudo. Quando eu vi os detalhes na versão com shader chapado e a visão de lado , aí eu pirei. Ficou muito parecido com a foto original.

As unicas coisas que eu comentaria já foram comentadas, que foram o alinhamento da textura no corner e o no próprio corner falta dar uma chanfradinha pra ficar com um aspecto mais realista.

Mas do que que eu to falando aki??!?!?! a imagem tah perfeita!

:buttrock: :applause: :drool:

p.s: Are you an architect? If not, then you are a demi-god, but if yes, then you are just a monster!

Success! :beer:

butchoi
10-08-2003, 07:31 AM
beautiful!
:applause:

Saeed
10-08-2003, 07:39 AM
very nice:thumbsup:

Larry_g1s
10-08-2003, 08:01 AM
I never get tired of looking at great work. You'd think, you've seen one beautiful photo-realistic render, you've seen em all...SOOOOoooo not the case. It's gorgeous!

eddy-3ddy
10-08-2003, 10:01 AM
the shadow is maybe too dark, but it gives a cool look. I think you should keep it that way! No comment at all! Great :applause:

PanzerG
10-08-2003, 11:49 AM
amazing work:)
INHM texture of wall is to clean, and flat

grate viz!!!!

link84
10-08-2003, 01:13 PM
if this is train station i would expect to see the rails or a train

LucianoNeves
10-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Ok friends :thumbsup:

First thank you for the good critics.
I made some changes in the scene 3D (Train Station).... they are them:
bricks, curves, roof, alignment... etc.

You can check here: http://www.stillartstudio.com/image_all_lrvn02.jpg

Muito obrigado
Thank you very much
Danke schön
Merci
Grazie
Muchas gracias
:beer:

Bliz
10-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Just coming from this thread late [linked from CGNetworks gallery] but while the image as a whole is great with fantastic lighting, there are some mipmapping issues with the roof slate and brick wall textures.
They give the scene the unnatural effect of having two focal points (one close up, then it gets slightly blurry then the tower is in sharp focus again)

You might have fixed it in your latest revision but I can't tell because your bandwidth has been exceeded.

sixthe45
10-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Texturing needs some more work (bump maps) presently textures appear too flat.
Blur seems annoying. :hmm:

Not a bad job though. :)

wellsae
10-16-2003, 06:04 AM
Gorgeous!! :love:

Maybe a tad too dark in the lower right corner.

~ Audrey

zboot
10-16-2003, 10:46 AM
up I like

Lautreamont
10-16-2003, 11:24 AM
great modeling. i like your style very much. congratulations

Kinjiru
10-16-2003, 12:21 PM
wow! fantastic!

aQu
10-16-2003, 01:43 PM
Great texturing, and the modeling doesn't lose a bit! :buttrock:

lildragon
10-18-2003, 09:10 AM
It's a great image, very worthy of the frontpage it received, only thing is the slight blurriness that's occuring and the tiling on the roofs, other than that it's a nice piece, reminds me somewhere I've been before ;)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Great work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_oct03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.