PDA

View Full Version : 3d generalist reel 2010

ForestWolf
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi all,

I have recently updated my demo reel and would like to hear your critics. Thanks! :)

http://vimeo.com/16002967

Best regards,
Vuk Banovic aka ForestWolf

Wiro
10-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Pretty decent, clean work. You may want to fix the typo "UVING / TEXUTRING" to "UVING / TEXTURING" which happens a few times. And maybe even say UV LAYOUT instead (to me UVING just look weird...)

Good luck!

Wiro

ForestWolf
10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Ty Wiro! :)

Tbh, I have watched it for like million times and I haven't saw that mistake... Thx a lot for pointing that out, going to fix it asap! :)

Best regards,
Vuk Banovic aka ForestWolf

PurpleRainbow
10-25-2010, 11:20 PM
nice reel. very liked the city camera mapping and the vehicle turntable

tuffmutt1
10-26-2010, 12:01 AM
very nice..i liked the camera mapping stuff the most

simypetar
10-26-2010, 09:22 AM
nice demo reel

i like it 2much the camera

keep on & good luck

ForestWolf
10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks a lot... Really appreciate it! :)

Best regards,
Vuk Banovic

Kev3D
10-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Nice work, there's some great stuff in there.

Camera mapping stuff looked great, what exactly do you mean with 'camera mapping' here. I thought it meant that you take a photograph, say, and projection map it onto a piece of matching geometry so that you can move the camera around a bit. The gorgeous pieces in your reel look like fully realised 3D environments.

I really liked the shoe but then you cut straight to the motorbike which, while well modeled, is a bit of a drop in quality, lighting/texturing-wise.

Unless you can at least match the quality of Luxo Jr. than it's usually a good idea to avoid animated lamps I'm afraid. I'd leave them out of there, the animation isn't quite there yet in my opinion and the last one has some flickering issues.

The broken car next to the shed is good but I don't think you need to show it in two separate places.

Explosion with broken car was awesome!

Anyway, good luck and I hope that helps.

blendtuts
10-29-2010, 01:38 AM
I love that camera mappings too! and the rest of the projects are pretty cool :)

Good luck with it!

ForestWolf
10-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Hi Kev3D,

First, thanks a lot for such a detailed critic.

About camera mapping, not sure if I have understood the question well. But yes, it's what you have described, tho, camera mapping isn't from a photo, it's from a matte paint by "Mateja Petkovic". After camera mapping, I've rendered several passes, added rain, also some stuffs that wasn't possible to camera project, stuffs such as trees, barks, wires, etc. they are 3d.

Glad you liked the shoe! :)

About bike, yes, I'm aware that bike and most of the works I've put at the back are not the same quality as those at the start/mid. I suppose, it's the lack of time and I needed some reel asap and other good stuffs I've worked on for the last few months, I didn't had authority to publish them in the reel.

Lamps are a way back from my school days (year and a half). I like animating a lot, but never had a chance to. In my next reel, I'm gonna leave all the good stuffs from this one and add new ones that are at the same level of quality. Which means, deleting lamps, that animated logo, fixing a bear and a bike + new ones I'm gonna work on. :)

Thx for a broken car, I agree :) Just wanted to show the details :)

And ye, it helps, ty :)

Best of luck to you too.

Regards,
Vuk Banovic

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2010, 01:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.