PDA

View Full Version : HMC#28: Comic Book Master Tribute - Mike Dringenberg

Intervain
10-24-2010, 05:42 PM
well I can't say no to this - I've wanted to make models of the Sandman characters for a while now so this is a great excuse... I like Mike Dringenberg's versions most so I chose him as my master. I'm still trying to decide whether to go for Morpheus alone or him and Death together... reserving the spot for now until I have time to start sth :buttrock:

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-12/lg/Dringenberg-SandmanDeath.jpg

robo3687
10-25-2010, 05:31 AM
shall we hand in our resignations now?...lol....

i'm really looking forward to watching this come to life..

TheRazorsEdge
10-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Sweet choice, Magda! Looking forward to your first wip images.

Cheers!:arteest:

Ubermensch
10-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Ah man, I was gonna choose that one. Oh well, you snooze you lose. Can't to see where you go with it. Good Luck

akacg
10-26-2010, 05:51 AM
sweet! This looks awesome.
Magda you are one of my favorite zbrush artist of all time just to let you know and awesome comicon entry!
Good luck!

Intervain
10-26-2010, 11:34 AM
so no pressure eh heheheh thanks guys - I think I have an idea set = I'll make a small sketch to show what I want to do and slowly start putting things together... The next 2 weeks or so are rather crammed in my schedule but after that I think I'll speed up a bit

robo3687 - lol oh c'mon I've only won once other times I haven't even finished - don't think I'm much of a competition going by the past rofl :D

axiomatic
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Yup. And if Magda's work is looking too good near the end (which, lets be honest, it almost always does!) then we just need to draw her attention to some other interesting competition somewhere else and siphon her time away *cackle*.

Anyways, I love following your WIP threads Magda and expect awesome things :D

Intervain
10-28-2010, 09:36 AM
exactly - easily done hehehehe - thanks, I hope to start this weekend

TitForTat
10-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Anyways, I love following your WIP threads Magda and expect awesome things :D

Totally Agreed! :)

RageOfAges
10-29-2010, 04:36 AM
That looks dark. I love dark. I'm anxious to see where you take it. Regardless of your choices, you'll have an entire community giving you support every step of the way :D

Good luck Mag.

-rage

dAnconia
10-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Wow! Awesome subject. Look forward to your progress!

Intervain
10-30-2010, 02:30 AM
thanks guys - ok I came across this recent photo shoot by Guzman for GQstyle and I loved the composition of this picture (http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-12/lg/gqstyleukaw10guzmancqc08.jpg) - I thought it would be a good starting point... here's a very quick paintover of what I have in mind for the final diorama:

http://mdadela.com/slideshowpro/albums/album-7/lg/sandman_sketch.jpg

I'm still thinking where to put Matthew, cause he's got to bet here [I love him, he's hillarious]...
Morpheus will probably be holding his sigil and I think I'll give him a coat rather than a cloak.. way cooler ;)

RageOfAges
10-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh man I can't wait to see this flesh out.

-rage

Airflow
10-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Looks cool. Awaiting update.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2010, 02:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.