PDA

View Full Version : The deadly alley!!!!

lwwiz
10-06-2003, 11:20 PM
I did this alley. And Some of the stuff were a friends Ideas but I made the whole image myself. What do you think.

http://www.123ezcd.com/alley3.jpg

aQu
10-09-2003, 02:20 PM
How did the guy end up in the wall? :surprised

klingspor
10-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Hmmm... what can I say? :shrug:

I like the brick texture you have, did you do that yourself too? Because that's quite excellent. I like the bullet-holes as well.

Other than that I'd have to say the composition as a whole is rather poor.
From a technical point of view:
- there are a lot of blurry areas (around the window for example). Windows usually have sharp edges and don't fade into brick-walls somehow.
- the inside of the jail could be darker.
- the outline of the guy on the wall... let's just forget about the fact that he must have somehow frozen in mid-air... anyway, it isn't effected by the lighting and hence looks tacked on
- ... there's a lot more, but I don't have the time right now

If this is your first try, I guess it's pretty good. Read up on general composition theory though and work through some tutorials...

Also, maybe next time post your work in the 2D WIP or Finished Work forums, you're likely to get more replies there.

Prateek
10-09-2003, 04:16 PM
the default brushes that u get in ps6 has a brush which which looks pretty much like a bullet hole , try that brush

look for it.........

lwwiz
10-10-2003, 02:24 AM
Prateek Do my bullet holes not look very good. I thaught they looked really good. But maybe I am wrong. I dont really want to make any changes because I did this in my spare time as a quicky that I threw together to show some of my students I will be teaching.

klingspor
10-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Please don't take this personally, but...

You'll be teaching?? Surely not Photoshop? :eek:

Sorry, but the image you posted just isn't the quality work I'd expect from an instructor...

If it's something not CG related... hey, have fun! :beer:

(e)
10-10-2003, 04:45 PM
ugh...I dont like it.

First off, it seems too bright to be an alley. Secondly, the 'Jail' sign doesn't seem centered with the bars. Thirdly, some of the bullet holes look good, others look like a big black dot. Fourth of all, the body outline is on a wall (!) and is way too.....opaque, need to dirty it up a bit, make it look like it's drawn on the wall, not on top. Lastly, the area around the bars is blurry, it should probably be embedded into the wall, seeing how it's a window and all.

Better than anything I can do though :)

(e)

Prateek
10-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Well its ur wish , ur image. I think those brushes will give the wall a little depth

actually when a person shoots a bullet, specially on the wall the holes dont turn out ROUND !
Have u noticed that the caution yellow band have jagged edges.

I hope u dont get offended of what i said

i think u also need some inspiration , follow the link below , i love that guy. See the gallery artwork man!

http://www.bertmonroy.com

Racer-X
10-12-2003, 06:02 AM
I agree for an instructor I would want some pretty spectatular stuff unless your teaching it in a Highschool course or something along the lines of that.

Specially, you don't want your students seeing "your original work" which is actually just an edit of a www.thewebmachine.com tutorial.

Your lettering on the jail sign could use some work, your bullet holes seem to containe no depth, and your chalk outline of the guy just doesn't seem how a human would draw it out with such jagged corners....I would think it would be more rounded.

gmask
10-12-2003, 06:12 AM
IS thi sonof those joke threads??

Anyway you need blood splats.. with drips running down the wall..

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.