PDA

View Full Version : Blend Shape issue

scazmaniac
10-22-2010, 07:59 PM
hey guys and girls im currently using windows 7, Maya 2011 and am using a maya tutorial book entitled learning maya6 character rigging.

ok so i have built up the character rig to the point where i have got my controls and have almost finished paint weighting. I've used zbrush 3 to create the blend shapes mainly because its quicker.

ok so then i reimported the model, clicked the blend shape then lastly the main model and hit create blend shape. When i go into window>animation editors>blend shapes and test the blend the actual main character is forced off its rig and moved to the position where the actual blend shape is. obviously i dont want this to happen so does anyone know where im going wrong?

DeltaAddiction
10-22-2010, 08:17 PM
What has happened is that at some point you've frozen your transformations on the blendshape meshes. You want them to retain those translate values.

scazmaniac
10-23-2010, 02:09 AM
what ive done is duplicate the main character which had its transformations frozen before i started the rigging process. are you saying theres no other way around this other than to start again?

eathquaketry
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
the same problem happend with me and i didnot freeze the transformations of the character . but when i deleted the morphs the problem is gone but i have another problem right now is that when i scale the character the more its gets bigger the morphs do weaker effect in the deformation untill some point its gone but it works fine if i didnot scale the character.
but this is other boring problem that i dont know how to fix till now..

apsmith
10-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi. How are you? Freezing the transformation on the original model and then duplicating it does not appear to cause that problem. If you have moved the duplicate without freezing its transforms after duplication, I think a blendshape will work. In that case, the problem you mentioned occurs if 'World' is selected for the Origin in the Create Blendshape Options. You will want to select 'Local' for the Origin when you create the blendshape. Good luck.

KohnarForever
10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
You need to make sure that your bind is calculated before your blendshapes. You can do this by right clicking on the bound mesh > Inputs > All Inputs. Then you middle mouse drag your blendshape node beneath the Skin Cluster.

metamesh
10-25-2010, 09:50 PM
well if you have imported the obj from zbrush and they already appear in a different position than your original model, the model will move to that position, you will need to move the blendshape back to where it should be ( by snapping it or something ) and freeze it and then re apply the blendshape..

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2010, 09:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.