PDA

View Full Version : Looking for internship: Sweeden.

lizettestenqvist
10-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi, I've studied 3D and Comp for little more than a year at "Digital Graphics", Nackademin, Stockholm.
I need some critique on my reel. (short version)
http://lizettestenqvist.webs.com/apps/videos/

Here's the long story:
I've used photoshop, photographed and painted for many years but 3D was totally new to me when i came to the school. During the education I haven't had much time to practice my earlier interests but I still see them as assets. I also discovered rather late that I really like dynamics. But we didn't have much time to learn about them as the internship-period approached. So now I'm standing here with little material due to above mentioned reasons, but I still feel that I want to go with the feeling and aim for a carrier as a generalist specialized in dynamics and Photoshop work such as texturing, mattepainting and comp. I've spent some time on separate courses in video retouching and python programming, to get a feeling of what that's like.
So, now you know the whole story, hope you can give me some heads up or tips on where I should apply for an internship (in Sweden hopefully).

Thanks for all the help! //Liz

Kanga
10-31-2010, 03:01 AM
Hi Lizette.
Welcome to cgtalk.
It seemed to me that you are really after internship advice so I renamed your thread and moved it to the best place: Education.

You need a lot more work on your reel. People who post their info in the hard crit area are usually looking for work. All the bits you showed were not enough, very small or not developed enough to get work at the moment.

Keep going though and good luck finding that internship.

lizettestenqvist
10-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks, I'm new on cgtalk so I needed that.
Yepp, got my internship. But would still like some critiques.
Thanks once again

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2010, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.