PDA

View Full Version : Lighting TD 2010 Reel

knower
10-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi everybody,

After one month of hard work this is my final Lighting TD reel :)

http://www.vimeo.com/16055563

Waiting for your comments, thanks a lot.

Bye
G.Improta

Delucubus
10-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Amazing work!

The first couple of images are fantastic.

If I had any thing to say is that it's a bit long and I felt there was some work toward the end that didn't hold up to the same quality as the rest, specifically the digging / shooting / outer space rover thing.

knower
10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks a lot!

I agree it is a bit long, and I also know the first part is much better then the second. But the first part is what I have done myself only, the rest is production work.

Bye
k.

leif3d
10-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Kick ass reel Giuseppe.
I see you used Renderman for lighting some very impressive shots, care to share some details on your workflow?
I also agree that the reel is pretty long and most of the last part could have been edited better.
Good luck man.

Animaniak
10-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Wow man ! Its really good reel. I am wondering few things to know, is it obvious to handle the materials / shaders while you are working as a light designer? Which type of machines you working on to render this reel? I think one month time was hard to finish this reel.

Anyway, It's time length is little big and I think it's not a big deal. Think is that reel should need best shots and continuity of your styles.
Congrats for good achievement.

knower
10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks a lot,

I have just upgraded the video with a shorter one (1 minute less), i think this is better now.

It took me 2 weeks to make the first part shots (the piano, pen, landing, lighthouse and apple). They are just direct lighting so no long-for-life renderings. The other things are production works, I just had to upgrade them for HD resolution. On some I prefereed to render the scenes again with my own style lighting.

The hardware was just at my house...2 PC with a Quad Core and 8 GBs of Ram each.

Hope the video looks better now.

Thanks again.
k.

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.