PDA

View Full Version : Animation Demo Reel Fall 2010 - Steven Miller

MillerGenuine
10-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Hello,

Here is a new Animation Demo Reel I have been working on for quite some time now. Please let me know what you think and if you notice anything that really stands out. All comments and critiques are welcome as they will help me get better in the future

Thanks in advance for watching, and I hope you enjoy.

Steven Miller

Animation Demo Reel Fall 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAIuoskULQY)

Delucubus
10-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Hey nice work.

First thing, I would remove the tile cards explaining each exercise, I think they're just adding unnecessary time, and people will know, it's weight lifting, or walking / running etc...

As for each exercise here is a couple things I spot that could use some work.

In the weight lifting watch that your limbs don't fully lock out (or extend past their full length) , when they do they will pop in and out of that locked position and it gets distracting. Also try and find ways to break up the symmetry of the body. And get the shoulders involved, you can't raise your arms over your head unless your shoulders go up :)

The walk cycle is nice, you could spend some time smoothing out his knees. If you track the arcs of them through the screen you'll see they're popping.

And the run cycle has too much upper body twisting going on, it seems unnatural.

Keep it up!

MillerGenuine
10-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Hey Delucubus,

Thanks for your critique, I really appreciate you taking the time to watch my video.

For the arms popping during the weight lift, I was thinking about leaving it in to help sell the weight, but if its too distracting I guess I should try and find another way of making the arms shake.

For the walk cycle, I agree, the knees are popping and it will be something I will be fixing up.

And for the run cycle, I'll see what it looks like when I tone down the spine movement.

Thanks again for your comments, hopefully I will have an update to my reel very shortly, maybe even with another sequence.

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2010, 02:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.