PDA

View Full Version : Different Monitor Types for Dual Setup?

Reynard the Fox
05-30-2002, 04:19 AM
I was wondering if anyone experienced any problems using different monitor types on a dual card. Card will be Geforce 4 ti 4400. I am looking to get a Triniton/aperture grill monitor along with my current shadow mask Samsung 900ift.

Speaking of which, has anyone regretted the jump to aperture grill?

ZrO-1
05-30-2002, 06:40 AM
I don't know of any problems. What I would recomend though is running a color calibration on each monitor to get the hues and saturation to match. I'm currently using an older sony and a newer samsung setup and I haven't had any problems. As far as Aperature vs. Shadow mask I think it's really up to personal preferance. Once you get them set up side by side and calibrated just look at them and decide which you like beter. Then you could use that one on port 1 off the vid card as your primary monitor, and use the one you like less as the secondary.

phatgroovn
05-30-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Reynard the Fox
I was wondering if anyone experienced any problems using different monitor types on a dual card. Card will be Geforce 4 ti 4400. I am looking to get a Triniton/aperture grill monitor along with my current shadow mask Samsung 900ift.

Speaking of which, has anyone regretted the jump to aperture grill?

not in any way. I do, however, hate working on shadow mask monitors with a passion now.....

A good cost effective setup might be to use the Aperature Grille monitor as your primary and then use a cheaper shadow mask for palettes.

frog
05-30-2002, 09:06 AM
I have 2 different cards running 2 monitors: AGeforce + 19" trinitron and a matrox millenium + 15" trinitron with no problems at all. It can be a little tricky getting them to match colour-wise but that's it.

I've never used a shadow mask monitor, but I can vouch that trinitrons are excellent, you won't regret it at all :)

Reynard the Fox
05-30-2002, 11:07 PM
I really appreciate this feedback everyone. It seems that most everyone I know who runs dualies uses identical monitors, and didn't know if that was "a play-it-safe" choice, or the freedom really exists to experiment.:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.