PDA

View Full Version : Copy and paste keyframes from multiple layers of the composition

gherat
10-20-2010, 10:10 AM
So.. After effects doesn't have a pre/post infinity loop function (like for instance Maya and every normal animation program.. ) to loop/cycle a bunch of keyframes..

I'm forced to copy paste the walkcycle to do any secondary animation, like head turns for example..

But how on earth do you copy and paste all the keyframes for all layers in the composition at once?!!

Come on Adobe.. this is animation software, people want to loop stuff!

Anyone got a workaround for this stupid problem?

Cheers,

Siebe

FonteBoa
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
i am a After Effects expressions novice,
but it is possible to loop any property (position, scale, etc) keyframes
by adding the following expression to it:

loopOut("cycle",0)

There are many variantes, specially the kinds of loop
("continue" and "pingpong").

gherat
10-20-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm gonna try that then thanks, that indeed better because then you would be able to fix the cycle in case that's needed.

Thanks!

gherat
10-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks for helping me out. it did the job! I had tried something like that before my post here but I got confused by this creative cow article (http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ebberts_dan/layer_looping.php) at first where the autor talks about:

loop_out(“cycle”,0);

So your loopOut("cycle",0); expression works. Maybe they've changed it in the later versions or something?

FonteBoa
10-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Gherat, that is a AE 5.5 tutorial: i think something changed since them, related to expressions.
Nice to see that it worked. :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2010, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.