PDA

View Full Version : Approximate Nearest Neighbor Searching

ruchitinfushion
10-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Hello Friends,
I want to know how to compile this STANN (http://sites.google.com/a/compgeom.com/stann/) source code for maya 64 bit using Microsoft visual c++ 2010 Express.I have zero experience on how to compile any source code & make plugin for maya,So please give me brief info on this.
And also i want to know,how can i find the nearest neighbor particle of every particle using this material.want compare the distance of every particle and find the minimum value.Thank you

ruchitinfushion
10-19-2010, 07:12 AM
I started to learn How to compile basic code ("Hello World" plugin) From Complete Maya Programming book.And i stuck @ start of basic step..Here is step
1.open MS visual c++
2.select File|New
3.In the New dialog box,click on the Project tab.
4.click on the Maya Plug-in Wizard from the list of possible project types..

Now how can i do this(step 4)..bcz when i create New Project,a screen which pop-up is as below
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/ruchitinfushion/NewProject.png?t=1287472290
Help me,Thank you

ruchitinfushion
10-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok i copied this files
MayaPluginWizard.vsdir,MayaPluginWizard.vsz & MayaPluginWizard.ico
in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcprojects
& also copied MayaPluginWizard folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\VCWizards

So,After this now Now i can see MayaPluginWizard option in new project Templates selection box.See this screen

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/ruchitinfushion/MayaPluginWizard.png?t=1287497430

But Now problem is ..when i click to OK.I m getting error message like "Creating Project 'Hello World'...Project Creation failed".So what to do now ? to solve this.Reply ASAP
Thank you.

I m using microsoft visual c++ 2010 express .so in MayaPluginWizard.vsz filei made some changes like thisway
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.9.0
to
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.10.0
But still it's not working.......................

zhusun
10-20-2010, 02:42 AM
I have bumped into this problem too on win7 before. the error was same. I had never got it on xp64. maybe you can get rid of it by compiling on xp.

ruchitinfushion
10-20-2010, 03:52 AM
@ zhusun ..thanx for reply..but i m on XP64 not on Win7 ..I just have installed Microsoft windows SDK V7.1......Wht elzzz remaining to solve this problem?

ruchitinfushion
10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Don't know wht the hell is going on???
Now i installed MS VC++ 2008 ,,But still same problem
1.File|New|Project
2.From selection list i select Maya Plug-in Wizard & set name to "Hello World"
3.In next dialog box i set Maya version to 2011 & Vendor name to "Joker"
4.Next i set type of plugin to MEL cmd.
5.click on finish
And Boooom "Creating Project 'Hello World'...Project Creation failed"

ruchitinfushion
10-22-2010, 03:22 PM
After reading too many documents on google, I found info on "How to compile code for 64bit Application using MS VC++ Express edition(Which is totally free on Microsoft site).
Here is step by step
1. Install “Visual C++ 2010 Express”
2. Install “Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4″
3. Open your VC++ Project, go to “Properties” > “Configuration Properties” > “General” and change “Platform Toolset” from the default “v100″ to “Windows7.1SDK”

Using This trick i m able to compile Plug-in (From Devkit Folder)For Maya 2011 64bit,Just by drag & drop *.sln file from Devkit>>Plug-ins folder.That means ,now my MS VC++ 2010 express is compatible to compile source code for Maya 64bit by this way,But still i m getting that error ("Creating Project 'Hello World'...Project Creation failed" ),when i try to create new project with MayaPluginWizard selection.So,tell me whts wrong i m doing Or tell me How different way i can start project.Reply ASAP.
Thank you

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2010, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.