PDA

View Full Version : Good Animation schools around/in Maryland, United States

sirkay47
10-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Just finished college and looking for a good animation school to attend, fullsail and gnomon came up(good schools) but i'm sorta constrained location-wise.
So please if anyone knows any good schools around or in maryland, pls hook me up.so far the names that have been coming up are Westwood and Devry, dont know if there're any good.
i'm hoping to get a good bargai on a computer animation and visual effects course, i already have a good background in 3ds max.
THANKS GUYS!

MrConterno
10-19-2010, 01:27 AM
If location is a problem I'd probably go with animation mentor.

taxguy
10-20-2010, 09:42 PM
MICA has an experimetal animation program.

Boston University has an 8 month program in Washington DC as part of the Center for Digital Arts. Check out their program.

Meloncov
10-23-2010, 09:31 AM
MICA has an experimetal animation program.

Boston University has an 8 month program in Washington DC as part of the Center for Digital Arts. Check out their program.

MICA, while a good school, does not have a good animation program. The closest strong animation schools to Maryland are probably in NYC. Keep in mind that the cost of moving is nearly insignificant compared to the cost of tution at most schools, but if for some reason that's not an option, I'd second AnimationMentor.

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2010, 09:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.