PDA

View Full Version : PyQt in Maya2009 ?

jojanpm
10-18-2010, 08:49 AM
How can i use PyQt in Maya 2009? is it possibl?
i copied libraries but dint work. got dis error:

# Error: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
# Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module>
# File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyc", line 12, in <module>
# File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyc", line 10, in __load
# ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found. #

but QtCore.pyc is thr insid site-packages\PyQt4.
wat shud i do?

ewerybody
10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
pardon me. I didn't work much with Qt yet but I noticed that PyQt has any license issues ?! however: so just a sidenote: PySide (http://www.pyside.org/) for Windows is out!!

NateH
10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
PySide doesn't seem to have any 64Bit binaries available :( The license is LGPL for PySide, which is much easier to work with than GPL like PyQt.

PySide will be fully backed by Nokia/trolltech, which is awesome. Can't wait till it's fully up and running!

As for your error message:

# Error: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
# Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module>
# File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyc", line 12, in <module>
# File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyc", line 10, in __load
# ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found. #

The error isn't that it can't find QtCore.pyc (The error is actually from INSIDE that file). It's that it can't find a DLL. (.pyd file most likely).

Looking at my PyQt install, there is no QtCore.py(c) file, only QtCore.pyd and QtCore.dll files. You may want to verify that your installation of PyQt is correct and up to date.

I Have pre-built binaries on my website that can get it installed to your site-packages directory of native python, then just copy over to your Maya site-packages.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.