PDA

View Full Version : Script - Hardware Texturing Auto Redraw

MBaker
10-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Hi all,

-I just upgraded to maya 2011 so I'm not sure if this if this is needed anymore, but it is worth a try

I'm trying to write a quick script that allows me redraw any texture and quickly get rid of artifacts while working in the UV Editor. I saw in a a video they did this by manually by changing the hardware texturing resolution and switching up resolutions. I just want to automate this by making a shelf button. I'm not very familiar with maya scripting, so the only thing I can manage is echo all commands deal.

Any suggestions to what I could do?

jgibz
10-20-2010, 12:44 AM
I saw in a a video they did this by manually by changing the hardware texturing resolution and switching up resolutions.

Can you post a link to this vid, or some picture that shows your problem?

MBaker
10-20-2010, 02:13 AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3KI4goWYlUgryZThCtkOJYG2ZK2ei5wZKi_w9YVcPts?feat=directlink

The video I saw it in was UV mapping 101 part of the Gnonmon workshop collection.
I thought it would be useful to create a small script that would allow me to quickly change the hardware texture res back and forth to sort of redraw or refresh the texture if I get any artifacts.

Laz
10-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Hey man, I had this problem myself a few years back, you can throw this into a button and it will do the trick for you. I apologise that there is no comments or anything, its one of my written for production jobbys.

string $selObj[] = `ls -sl -type "transform"`;
for ($obj in $selObj)
{
string $shapes[] = `listRelatives -s $obj`;
string $shapeNode = $shapes[0];
string $shadingGroups[] = `listConnections -s false -d true -type "shadingEngine" $shapeNode`;
string $shadingGroup = $shadingGroups[0];
for ($shadingGroup in $shadingGroups)
{
string $matInfo[] = `listConnections -type "materialInfo" $shadingGroup`;
$info = $matInfo[0];
string $shader[] = `listConnections -d false -s true ($shadingGroup + ".surfaceShader")`;
string $texCon[] = `listConnections -s true -d false ($shader[0] + ".color")`;
string $texture = $texCon[0];
string $connections[];
$connections = `listConnections -connections true -shapes true ($info+".texture")`;
if (`attributeQuery -node $texture -exists "resolution"`)
{
deleteAttr -at resolution $texture;
}
for ($i = size($connections); $i > 0; $i -= 2)
{
disconnectAttr ($connections[$i-1]+".message") $connections[$i-2];
}
connectAttr ($texture+".message") ($info+".texture[0]");
addAttr -ln resolution -at long -dv 32 $texture;
setAttr ($texture+".resolution") 256;
}
}

MBaker
10-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Wow this is perfect! It was driving me crazy trying to figure this out, thanks for the help!

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2010, 11:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.