PDA

View Full Version : currentTime cmd

mayamanask
10-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi Folks,

I have a problem with currentTime cmd, as I've seen somewhere that somebody has written

currentTime -time "min";

which gonna change frame > min in time-line, so now once i execute this, it doesn't work and returns error?!

Is there any other way to change the time-line base-type ? Or how to use currentTime for that purpose ?

red_oddity
10-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Not sure i understand the question, but by using the playbackOptions command you can get and set amongst other things, the timeline range.

So, if you want to set your current time to the min time (animation start time) of your scene you'd use something like

currentTime("-e", playbackOptions("-q", "-ast"))

mayamanask
10-18-2010, 10:18 AM

Thanks for reply, but :
The question for me now is :

Is there any kind of hidden flag for "currentTime cmd" exist which is like the flag "-time" ?!

Also the playbackOptions doesn't have any flag for the attributes under window > preferences > settings, what's the cmd for them ?

Best regards,

mduvekot
10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
There are no hidden flags. There's only

-e -edit
-q -query
-u -update on|off

earlyworm
10-18-2010, 06:47 PM

Wow. That's cool. I didn't know you could actually write mel like that. I would have done it like...

currentTime -e `playbackOptions -q -ast`

mayamanask
10-19-2010, 12:51 AM
There are no hidden flags. There's only

-e -edit
-q -query
-u -update on|off

Thanks, I got it.

Exo7
10-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Wow. That's cool. I didn't know you could actually write mel like that.I did even not dare to try this...

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2010, 07:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.