PDA

View Full Version : Student Loan.....Help

goldenbrush
10-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I have been always interested in studying in the U.S and getting a job there. But the problem is (that I can't really afford the tuition and living expenses). I'm learning for now some packages such as Max, Zbrush with the help of some DVDs tutorials from gnomon workshop and digitaltutors to have maybe a good portfolio someday.

So, now I'm wondering if Is it possible for me to get a student loan and go study in the Academy Of Art (note that I'm living in Tunisia ).:hmm:

Thanks.

Meloncov
10-16-2010, 08:49 PM
You won't be eligable for U.S. government backed loans, but you can still get private loans directly from a bank (they'll have a far higher interest rate, though) and you might be able to get loans backed by your home countries government.

Also, while AAU has its strengths, it is decidedly not the best school for 3d in the United States.

gawl126
10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
You don't need to go to an art school. There are tons of cheaper (doesn't necessarily mean lower quality) alternatives in terms of public universities.

Meloncov
10-16-2010, 10:58 PM
You don't need to go to an art school. There are tons of cheaper (doesn't necessarily mean lower quality) alternatives in terms of public universities.

Public universities aren't necessarily all that much cheaper if you're an out of state (or out of country) student.

goldenbrush
10-17-2010, 07:44 AM
So is it possible for me to get an international student loan from a U.S bank ?

Meloncov
10-17-2010, 07:52 AM
If you have someone in the United States who can cosign for you, the process is pretty much the same as for an American student applying for a student loan. If you don't, it'll be a bit more difficult, and you should start researching and calling around as soon as possible. If possible, borrowing from an institution in your home country would probably be easier.

goldenbrush
10-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately we don't have any school in the domain, that's why I'm looking to study elsewhere.
Is there any bank that can give loan without the need of a person living in the US ?

Thanks!

KrzysztofFus
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Unfortunately we don't have any school in the domain, that's why I'm looking to study elsewhere.
Is there any bank that can give loan without the need of a person living in the US ?

Thanks!

Your best bet is to use a bank from Tunisia to give you a student loan. Also, your best bet is to go the college in the UK. MUCH CHEAPER than the US.

You should also contact the Academy of Art admissions office and ask them about loans.

goldenbrush
10-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Thank you all for the help, I think that I'm going to keep learning by myself , cause it seems very difficult to enter a school in Europe or in US :banghead:.

Do you think that a good portfolio is sufficient to find a job in US or in Europe ?

Meloncov
10-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Thank you all for the help, I think that I'm going to keep learning by myself , cause it seems very difficult to enter a school in Europe or in US :banghead:.

Do you think that a good portfolio is sufficient to find a job in US or in Europe ?

Immigrating the the U.S., and most likely Europe, is far, far easier if you have a degree (though it doesn't necessarily have to be a degree in your career field).

goldenbrush
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Is there any difference between getting the degree from AAU and an another school (much cheaper)?
Because if not I will start thinking to learn some strong basics by myself and then attend an another school which is of course more affordable.

gandhics
10-21-2010, 08:27 PM
To wotk in US as alien, you have to have 4 year college degree that. It does not need to be from US school, it can be from your country.

goldenbrush
10-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow, That's coooool ! (Thanks :) )

So I guess that I will start looking from now on for a cheap and good school.

Is there any suggestions ?

pingkeat
11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
im still studying diploma 3d animation and will be graduate next year. but i intrest in visual effect and want to work at us or canada. do yu suggest i have to take a diploma course which is visual effect like Gnomon school or VFS?

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.