PDA

View Full Version : Image colors not showing up right in Photoshop 7?

SlipGun
10-06-2003, 12:06 AM
I just upgraded from Photoshop 6 to 7 and any image I open shows up with an ugly red tinge. I tried messing with the color settings, but haven't been able to make the true colors show. Suggestions?

wolver1ne
10-06-2003, 01:17 AM
Red thingy?

Could you provide a screenshot of that red thingy, please?

SlipGun
10-06-2003, 07:09 PM
That was reddish "Tinge" and here is the original picture, as seen in Windows XP Viewer.

SlipGun
10-06-2003, 07:09 PM
... and here is the picture as it shows up in Photoshop.

wolver1ne
10-06-2003, 08:13 PM
If it shows up fine in other applications, then it's obviously Photoshop. The only thing I can think of are the settings from Photoshop 6 are still there and used unproperly by Photoshop 7.. not sure if something like that can be, but you never know. I assume you had Photoshop 6 installed when you updated to version 7, or uninstalled 6 and then installed 7. Uninstalling might have kept v6 settings.

You can try resetting Photoshop settings. If you have any presets in Photoshop that you need, such as Brushes, Colors, Shapes & etc., you might want to save them before resetting. (I've personally never had to reset anything, so I wouldn't know if it deletes those as well, but I would assume it does).

To reset hold Ctrl+Shift+Alt right after starting Photoshop. A message will appear asking you to delete current settings. After that restart Photoshop and new settings will be created.

If this doesn't help I would consider reinstalling Photoshop 7.

:hmm:

Ghostscape
10-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Check the settings in the View Tab (I think) and make sure you're not viewing it in CMYK Proof mode or something. I was doing that for a while and wondering why when I saved to JPEG for the web it was washing out my colors...because I had left it in CMYK mode after working on a poster.

tburbage3
10-07-2003, 09:29 PM
The first thing I would look to is your Color Settings, and then also determine whether the image has an embedded color profile.

Since it sounds like you're saying that the image viewed from an app which disregards color profiles looks right, it should look the same in PS if you open it telling it to not color manage (or to use the embedded profile if it has one and that was the color setting you were using in 6).

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.