PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using GTX 460 with Vue 8 or 8.4 ?

DigitalDaydreams
10-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi
Anyone here using a GTX 460 with Vue 8 or 8.4 ?
I'm thinking about upgrading my 8800gt to a GTX 460 1GB.

Was wondering if a GXT 460 user could chime in with any advise. Good idea or not.

My current card is a nvidia geforce 8800 gt used with Vue 8.4 Complete

NOTE: I don't do games or video. I'm just interested in scene set up working well with OPEN GL 2.1 mode in Vue being able to move things around to compose a scene quickly with plenty of shaders or textures and lighting, giving me a pretty good preview of what the render will look like.

Thanks
Frank

beverins
10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I bought the gtx 460 thinking that it would support the Shader 4 system in Vue 8.5....

Well, it does. Except it then crashes. Not Vue... the actual driver. I'm in Win 7 64, and thankfully the OS can recover when the display driver crashes instead of dumping to a blue screen. On fixed pipeline it works fine, but then you might as well get an ATI 5850

I've tried every driver from nvidia that will work on this card. It seems that Vue will use the card, but the driver cannot handle the stress. The card works fine in everything else, so I dont believe the card to be a lemon. Could be wrong.

DigitalDaydreams
10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
I bought the gtx 460 thinking that it would support the Shader 4 system in Vue 8.5....

Well, it does. Except it then crashes. Not Vue... the actual driver. I'm in Win 7 64, and thankfully the OS can recover when the display driver crashes instead of dumping to a blue screen. On fixed pipeline it works fine, but then you might as well get an ATI 5850

I've tried every driver from nvidia that will work on this card. It seems that Vue will use the card, but the driver cannot handle the stress. The card works fine in everything else, so I dont believe the card to be a lemon. Could be wrong.

thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if others will chime in also.

Linden-Stirk
11-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I'm using a GeForce GTX 460 and I haven't had any problems with Vue xStream 8.5. Definitely get the version with at least 1GB of on-board RAM. Vue eats it up, especially for the Open GL display. :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2010, 09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.