PDA

View Full Version : Cloud layer problem

hipercandombe
10-14-2010, 07:22 PM
hey everyone, im working on cloud layers, and Im trying to make the a cloud layer only exist on the back (way way back on the horizon but having a small hegiht. The propblem is that the cloud layer im using and due to its height, covers the mountain i have. Do you know how can I make the cloud layer only show on the background of the scene?
thanks

Respawned
10-14-2010, 07:59 PM
One way would be to manually place meta clouds where you want them. A harder way would involve using the function editor with a (hard) gradient ramp (or similar made in photoshop) then using a blender set to add or subtract, the difficult part comes in trying to place that texture in your scene.

Another option could be using the large scale density, but I've never tried that so can't really say how to do it.

Yet another option, and this could be the quickest, is to just load the 'threatening cloud front' from the presets then you can move and rotate it till it's were you want it. If you have Vue 8.5 you can do this by just selecting and moving the layer otherwise you would have to do it through the function editor.

Hope that helps.

hipercandombe
10-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank you very much for that awsome tips. :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2010, 10:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.