PDA

View Full Version : Krakatoa: PRT Birth Problem

braam
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I have not used 3dsmax for long time since college hey days, but I was quite impressed with the power and quality of renders produced by Krakatoa. I decided to go back to 3dsmax for Krakatoa! I'm still a little bit rusty but getting used to 3dsmax as the days go by.

I was following this tutorial (http://www.studiodaily.com/studiomonthly/tutorials/trainup/Disintegrate-Geometry-Objects-using-Frantic-Films-Krakatoa-and-Autodesk-3ds-Max_10691.html) by Bobo Petrov. It all goes well until the PRT loader section. I saved the PRT sequence of particles but I couldn't load it in Particle View Window using "Krakatoa PRT Birth" operator under Event. All I got is two buttons - "None" and "Clear PRT Loader".

I was able to load the particles via side panel (Geometry > Krakatoa > PRT Loader) but not in Particle View. The colour, IDs and positions are all correct, but I can't control the particles in Particle View. Should I place the PRT sequence under specific folder for "Krakatoa PRT Birth" to load?

The tutorial said "Krakatoa File Birth" operator which I couldn't find but I used "Krakatoa PRT Birth" operator instead. I guess it was because of newer version of Krakatoa that I'm using. Can anyone of you please help?

Glacierise
10-14-2010, 12:12 PM
The purpose of this op is to send PRT cached particles back into PFlow. So - you create the op, then click the loader button (which says 'none') when it's not set, and you choose the PRT loader with the cache loaded up. If there's animation, you'll need the file update op too.

braam
10-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks Glacierise - got it right! The tutorial didn't mention I need to load particles first before creating the birth operator to pick the PRT Loader in scene. :curious:

Bobo
10-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks Glacierise - got it right! The tutorial didn't mention I need to load particles first before creating the birth operator to pick the PRT Loader in scene. :curious:

The tutorial was written for Krakatoa 1.1 which did have those operators.
In 1.5.x and 1.6.x, you get a more powerful set of operators that use the PRT Loader as source. This means you can do these things (and more) now:
http://software.primefocusworld.com/software/support/krakatoa/using_prt_loader_birth_and_update.php

braam
10-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks Bobo! I'm falling in love with Krakatoa! :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2010, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.