PDA

View Full Version : ecosystem not showing up #2

LeJentle
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
uh, guys...i just replied to an old thread by user sinistar, but it's not showing up in the threads-list. weird!! :curious:

so yeah, i have this problem. when in vue (standalone app) 8.5 xStream, i add an ecosystem, and the 3 little trees in the little preview DO show up, stating that i integrated an ecosystem. yet in the render, upon pushing "populate", nothing shows up?

In case it's important: i'm using vue 8.5xStream (and Cinema 11.5 32bit, otherwise the plugin wouldn't show up). but like i mentioned, i have this problem in the vue xStream application itself.

does anyone have an idea of what i'm doing wrong? (@sinistar: don't know where your thread went, but did you ever find a solution to the problem?)

LeJ

Wabe
10-14-2010, 06:41 AM
There are several reasons that can produce this effect.

One is that the items you want to spread out over your objects are simply too big. So that there is not enough space for them. I had that several times, especially with older items that were created before world coordinates were introduced into Vue. You can try that out by scaling down each item in the General tab and see whether it makes a difference.

Another, often happening thing is, that the default on "Decay near foreign objects" under Density make population impossible. The idea of this is to leave the space around other objects free from eco instances. And when this space is the full area of the ecosystem, nothing will happen.

LeJentle
10-14-2010, 08:31 AM
:bowdown:

you are a genius!!! i scaled up my world, and woosh, the trees showed up! HA, who would've thought it was that simple!! :)

thank you!

Wabe
10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
I would have... LOL. A shot into the dark, sometimes it hits the right thing. Enjoy your Vue and especially the ecosystems now.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.