PDA

View Full Version : Eon Vue XStream (In Maya for Linux)

RassilonsRod
10-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I know that in principle Vue is for PC/ Mac... but will the plug in work on a Linux version of Maya?

Many thanks.
-Marc

RassilonsRod
10-14-2010, 11:17 AM
In other words, can I avoid installing a windows partition or a windows Virtual Machine?

I would rather avoid going back to MS if possible. So I would like to know if Xstream integration is possible under Maya for Linux.

Any information gratefully recieved! :)

Thanks,
-Marc

Linden-Stirk
11-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately, Vue and the xStream plug-in does not work on Linux

RassilonsRod
11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the reply :)

Thats a shame, I would really like to get rid of windows completely - and stay as far away as possible. I will have to have a think what I want to do now, as I don't think there is anything like Vue for Linux, is there?

Thanks again,
-Marc

Linden-Stirk
11-05-2010, 01:54 PM
The closest thing to Vue is Terragen 2. However, I'm pretty sure it's only a standalone application, not a plugin. Although there is not a version for Linux, I have heard of some people getting it to work, at least partially.

Another option, if you only need Vue for the trees, is Xfrog for Maya. As far as I'm aware, it is available for Linux. I haven't used this application, but I have used Xfrog trees and they are of high quality. Obviously, Vue has a lot of great features, like ecosystems and terrain sculpting, that Xfrog doesn't have.

Hopefully someday Vue will be improved to actually work well on a Mac and to also work on Linux, but Windows is the way to go at the moment.

RassilonsRod
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Oh! great to know! I will give that a try :)

thanks again!
-Marc

Linden-Stirk
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
No problem. I hope that you find something that works. :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.