PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Artist Showreel 2010

scottiow
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey all,

Im planning on making some updates to my website and showreel in the next few weeks and really want your guys opinions and comments on both as they stand at the moment.

For one i think my showreel needs to have wireframes of my models in it.

My website: www.scottchurchcreations.co.uk (http://www.scottchurchcreations.co.uk)
Showreel link: http://www.scottchurchcreations.co.uk/showreel.html

Cheers in advance,

all the best

scott

Bubbaloo
10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
I'd say cut the frog out of the reel. It doesn't fit well and is not the same quality as the rest.

homer4lyfe
10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Agreed. Take out the frog. It doesn't add anything, and looks visually poor compared to the rest of your work.

kenjikai
10-14-2010, 03:53 AM
You got some good work on your page. Just one comment on the main page.

Make the images bigger, and making the picture square i think you compressed your images.
The imges should be 16:9 right?. i think you made it 4:3

scottiow
10-14-2010, 11:48 AM
thanks for your comments ad crits, the frog is my oldest piece of work from back in uni and your right its got to go.

Kenjikai do you mean the images on the welcome page with the flash intro?

cheers scott

Anorexxx
10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
I agree about the frog, but reast of the work is really great. And specially the airplane part. Great work on clouds.

casesensative
10-14-2010, 06:46 PM
can i ask you how you made the clip of the animated building that builds itself?

Also, I agree about the frog. It would help to remove it.

kenjikai
10-15-2010, 01:43 AM
thanks for your comments ad crits, the frog is my oldest piece of work from back in uni and your right its got to go.

Kenjikai do you mean the images on the welcome page with the flash intro?

cheers scott

yep. this one> http://www.scottchurchcreations.co.uk/.
it look like some of the images squashed to 4:3.
You got some nice images, make them bigger

scottiow
10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
thanks for you comments everyone, the frogs been given the boot and as suggested i will make the images on the intro bigger and the right aspect ratio might help. Dont know why i did that at the time.

i made the animated clip of the house a few years back. If i remember right i set the key frame after i had modelled it as a complete building then after grouping it into layers I animated it using the scale tool to make the different objects flat, the animation then made it look as if it came up out the ground and grow out. The parts that werent meant to be seen till later i turned down the opacity and animated it to coincide with the main part of the building when it reached the right part.

Hope that made sense

Everyone agree to get some wireframes in the showreel?

cheers

scott

eyesonlybob
10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
I was a little turned off by the fact that I recognized title and earth zoom from videocopilot tutorials. Otherwise, nice environments.

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.