PDA

View Full Version : Batch Rendering Renders different?

stallion151
10-05-2003, 11:07 AM
I am having a major breakdown here, and i am about to burst.
I have checked this scene multiple times before i render and everytime i render it out a new problem arises this time it is the following:

This is rendered in Maya

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/324169/Frame550_RR.jpg

This is BatchRendered

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/324169/Frame550_BR.jpg

Both are untouched scenes, no changes made from either render but this is what happens!

The breakdown of the scene is this, that creature on the left is killed he shakes and turns into a ball shape, then i turn off the visibilty and turn the visibility of the falling one on. But the falling one completely matte black, when batch rendered.

I am batch-rendering with Mental-Ray, i have tried batch-rendering with Software and it works fine. But the way MR renderers and Software is very noticeable and the metal on the axe changes significantly and i can't match it. So i need to know what the problem is with MR.

I have no idea why this occuring, and if Maya was a person he'd/she'd be dead by now!

Ugh! Thanks for any help.
Cheers

stallion151

stallion151
10-06-2003, 04:17 AM
somehow it fixed itself, i put the settings to draft and increased sampling quality and it magically worked. Somehow...my blood pressure is lowering. :shrug:

zachgrachan
10-06-2003, 05:18 PM
I've heard MR has some strict and somewhat obscure rules about geometry. You may want to look into that... It would explain why software Maya works and MR doesn't.

stallion151
10-07-2003, 12:49 AM
everything is just poly in that scene.

Guess what while i was posting that reply, it decided to go to the black version, half way through...gotta love it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.