PDA

View Full Version : (max)mocap: how can acclaim skeleton drive max bones (so i can skin it to a mesh)?

jum'bok
10-05-2003, 05:22 AM
hi all, i've just spent a ton of time digging through the archives looking for an answer to this, but no luck.

i have successfully imported my mocap data into max, and gotten it cleaned up to a reasonable degree. now i need to try and rig/skin to my mesh, but i just realized the acclaim skeleton isn't a real skeleton, it's just helper objects.

i suppose that means i have to build a skeleton of real bones with the same position and names of the acclaim bones, but i don't know how to get them to talk to each other. is it a question of hierarchy, or some weird wiring thing? i am baffled.

any info is appreciated!

thanks

jum:D

El-d
10-15-2003, 04:33 PM
sounds like you need to attach the bone joints at the pivot to the dummy objects, assuming the dummy mocap objects are at the pivot point of elbows,knees etc.

El-d

jum'bok
10-15-2003, 10:46 PM
hey i forgot about this thread heh. thanks for the tip, we ended up trying to go with a pipeline through character studio.

thanks for replying =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.