PDA

View Full Version : Cogswell? and another question.

Fuddermuffin
10-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I've been researching which schools I want to go to after I graduate from high school. I saw Cogswell in the stickied list of schools and it seemed like one I would want to attend. Good location (I want to stay in California), offers major I'm interested in, and on the smaller-side.
The problem is, I don't really know if this school is good or not. I asked my instructors and they really had no opinion of it. So, I am just wondering what are the opinions of the people that have attended this school or know about it.

Also, what do you guys think about Cal State Fullerton in terms of their art curriculum? Another choice I had was to go there for 2 years to build my foundation while studying 3D skills by myself then transferring to...an undecided art university.

Bascially,I prefer going to a school with good accreditation and getting a BFA, instead of going straight to a place like Gnomon.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm interested in game art, mainly modeling and texturing. But I'm not 100% decided on what I want to major in, and I'm still open to any related major like character animation and modeling for movies instead of games.
And thanks for the advice on Cogswell. I'll try looking at some different schools.

gawl126
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
What exactly are you interested in learning?

MrConterno
10-12-2010, 12:15 AM
You will need to tell us a bit more what you want out of school. Biggest thing is what area are you wanting to learn?

Looked over the school real quick. No red lights or any thing. The curriculum looks alright but the student work looks pretty bad. It doesn't cost much, but you won't even be close to being ready to get a job.

Despite your area of interest I would avoid the school, I don't think it would be worth your time and money.

If you let us know what your area of interest is we can assist you in finding a more appropriate school. Also it will help to know what your financial situation is.

nomar289
02-08-2011, 12:22 AM
I've been looking at this school and I am considering it, but does anyone know if the animation program is any good? The examples on the website are not all that good with the exception of a couple.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2011, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.