PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question--Image sequence

ViperGT
10-05-2003, 12:05 AM
I know, there's probably something really simple I'm missing, but how do you import an image sequence into DFX+? I need to composite some elements using alpha channels, and this is therefore a large problem. ;)

Thanks,
-Viper

Hugh
10-05-2003, 12:52 AM
It's as simple as adding a Loader, and, when the file selection dialogue box opens, selecting the first frame in the sequence.

If you then go to your Loader, and look at the Clip List tab, it should say something like: 004_01_a_###.tga (If your sequence has the frame numbers where the ### is)

I've never used it with anything other than targa sequences, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work with things like jpeg sequences.....

ViperGT
10-05-2003, 12:59 AM
Okaaay... guess that one slipped by me. Just really different than I'm used to :shrug:

Thanks,
-Viper

Hugh
10-05-2003, 01:21 AM
hey, that's okay.... we're all here to help....

I assume you were trying to multi-select all of the images in the sequence? (like, I believe, Adobe products do it)

RealThing
10-05-2003, 03:48 AM
Another way and I find this way much faster in alot of cases. Open up an explorer and select the directory or one of the frames from the sequence and just drag it from the explorer into the flow area of the interface.

ViperGT
10-05-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Hugh

I assume you were trying to multi-select all of the images in the sequence? (like, I believe, Adobe products do it)

Yeah, that'd be it.

RealThing: wow, yet another way to load things! :beer:

Cheers,
-Viper

ViperGT
10-16-2003, 01:22 AM
Here's another question,

I've rendered out an image sequence from LW. But the timeline is -15 to 350. So my first image in the sequence is -15.tga and the last is 350.tga. This is a problem when I load -15.tga into DFX+ it only goes for 15 frames.

Any ideas? Possible to load by last modified maybe?
-Viper

ThreeDBFX
10-16-2003, 01:39 AM
You might wanna try doing a batch rename on the image sequence. I had this problem once a while back and that was the only way I was able to correct it. I believe there are a few free image saver utilities out there that can do this....I'll see what I can find

ViperGT
10-16-2003, 05:09 AM
I had that thought aswell. I found one, and installed it. I guess I'll try and figure it out now. Let me know if you find anything. :)

EDIT: Okay, found one that works. XnView http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html

Thanks,
-Viper

bartrobinson
10-28-2003, 03:58 PM
You're probably on the right track with renaming the image sequence. I'd suggest a program called Rname-it.

http://fileutil.tripod.com/Rnameit.htm

I have found it to be one of the best file sequence renamers around, and I have high standards for the software I use.

ViperGT
10-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Hey, thanks. I'll check it out. :)

-Viper

LyonHaert
11-01-2003, 05:20 AM
as far as loading a frame sequence, with After Effects you had to select the first frame of the sequence, and then all succeeding frames followed. with DF, you can select *any* frame in the sequence, and it will load the whole sequence.

so when you're silly enough to have 2 sequences of a few hundred frames in one directory, you just have to find one that starts with the right name, rather than waste time hunting for the very first one.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.