PDA

View Full Version : Animation Demoreel 2010

jahirulamin
10-07-2010, 11:19 PM
This is my animation reel from my time at the NCCA. Hope you enjoy all feedback would be great as always.

The Billy Bob Rig ( the dude in the pants) was created by Sofronis Efstathiou.

Music: Cafe Del Mar, Music from a Found Harmonium.

check it out at:
http://vimeo.com/15631900

JoshBowman
10-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi Jahirul

I really liked your squirrel short and i think that the other piece with the guy on the couch just doesn't hold up compared to the shots with the squirrel.

I'd recommend doing a couple of 11 sec. club pieces so you have some more stuff the put on your reel other than that couch scene.

Also, if you're going for an animation position I'd recommend just showing animation rather than the storyboards/playblast/render sequences. Don't feel the need to fill up 2 minutes if you don't have the body of work to do that. My first reel started out at less than 30 seconds. I had an acting piece, a side step and a jump and that was it and because I made sure they all looked the best they could i found work just through those 3 short pieces of animation.

Cheers,
Josh

MrcorroC
10-08-2010, 05:10 AM
yeah i see what style you where going for and it worked out well with your squirrel animation which was nice, but at the same time I think the potato looking character animation piece isn't as good as your squirrel animation, its way too many hard stops and is pulling your reel down, I like the break down shots though, it shows you took the time to plan your animations step by step instead jus running through it, so jus take out that goofy horny potato animation, and add some more animation to your reel, which can similar to the squirrel animations and you should be good.

jahirulamin
10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks fellas. I really appreciate the advice. I'll definately look at doing some 11 sec club shots - it would be really good to work on some lip sync. The potato head guy was my first character animation piece and I think I became a little to fond of him. I'll re-work the reel and take your advice on board.
Thanks again.
J

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.