PDA

View Full Version : How do you model from a perspective image?

vins2010
10-06-2010, 07:07 PM
hey frns, i have heard that you are never given a complete front and side orthographic views in a production , often time you will just be given a 3/4 image , till now i have always used at least front and side views to model and i was actually creating some cool stuff .

but when i tried to model using just a perspective image . now i feel like i just don't know how to model at all . and that may be because i don't have any art background. however i read a lot about proportions, forms and anatomy. and can model from my imagination...but when i have to match exactly something and that too with just a perspective image i end up making a mess like a beginner modeled it....

i just wanted to know if there's any specific technique you guys use when u have situation like that..i am looking forward to know your work flow in a situation like that... that may help me a lot...

thanks

Psyk0
10-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Where did you hear that? it's nearly impossible to get accurate representation of the subject without many reference shots and from various angles. Unless you are a master of portraiture you won't be able to achieve likeness from a single photo...so i dont see why a studio would impose that silly restriction to its artists. :hmm:

vins2010
10-09-2010, 07:13 PM
hey friend, thanks for replying, well actually i was watching a gnomon tutorial once. ' the making of trin ' . there alex alveraz says that mostly you are provided with one view. it could be either front or three quarter..thats the reason i asked this question...

if there's anyone else who wanna help me ?

sqrlcub
10-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Personally, If I was given just one view, I'd still try to draw out the other orthographics to make it look correct. I think what you may have heard him say was that the look you were aiming for is the 3/4 view since the orthographics are rarely 100% correct.

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2010, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.