PDA

View Full Version : vue and maya issues

skdzines
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I am having an issue with a current scene I've been working on. I am using the maya physical sun and sky already but when I try to create any kind of plant object via the Vue plugin for maya, it automatically adds a sun which is supposed to mimic the physical sun and sky of maya. However when I do a render, the light angle and look is completely different from what I originally had. If I delete the sun Vue created, then I get no lighting from the physical sun and sky. Why?

Another issue I'm having is how to create an ecosystem on my plane that I created using maya? It seems you add the ecosystem to the Vue material being used on the ground plan, but if I have a maya material with a texture, I can't add an ecosystem to it? If not, do I have to use a Vue material and if so how do I add a Vue material to a maya object via the Vue plugin?

Thanks for any help!

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.