PDA

View Full Version : Canone help with Render Passes in Maya/Shake?

DavidSmith1981
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a question that i've been pulling my hair out with for way too long - I've crawled the net and forums but cannot find an answer to what seems like such a simple question.. so any help greatly appreciated. The question is regarding Linear workflow and composing in passes in Maya.

SCENE SETUP
Setting up scene and lights with "mia_exposure_simple" node with gamma 2.2 attached to the render camera.
Get everything looking as desired.
Before rendering, set the gamma to 1
Render out all the passes.

COMPOSITING PASSES
In the composite, the separate passes add up to equal the Beauty pass, where I then add the gamma 2.2 back in.
The Master Beauty pass, which seems the only one affected by the mia_exposure node, also gets the gamma 2.2 node.

If the mia_exposure node only affects the Master Beauty file, how can I make my composited passes have the same treatment in the highlights?

I want to render in passes, but for so long I haven't been able to use it properly because of this one issue, so I always stick to the Master Beauty file, which seems ridiculous..

I am using Shake for composing..

Many thanks for anyone who replies…

Dave

http://i54.tinypic.com/euqxll.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.