PDA

View Full Version : Demoreel

Q-Maja
10-06-2010, 01:32 AM
People I am totaly stomped when it comes to makeing a demoreel for character modeling. So what I am asking you all is take a honest look at my demoreel that I made. Then give me crituqes, suggestions, rip me a new one but give reasons why and solutions on how to fix it. The programs i have at my disposal are 3ds max, z-brush, and adobe premire. This is my demoreel (http://www.youtube.com/user/majacity?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/DH4oiVcIqtI) help a fellow artist out.

meathelix
10-06-2010, 12:33 PM
I liked it but for your intro at the start and end of the video it was like a blink. Maybe put a overlay at the bottom of where you want people to contact you instead of that flash. Also betwin the changing of your charaters you could add a fade in and out effect and very important try to keep the same aspect ratio. Adobe premire has alot of features to mess around with, I hope some of this info is useful btw awsum models! keep it up!

Meathead

Nyro
10-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd get rid of the music. If you absolutely must have music in it, try searching for some ambient track or something with a subtle beat, maybe some form of royalty-free trailer music. And I'd also up the quality on the renders, better anti-aliasing and shadow quality.

Personally, to present the edgeflow, I'd forego the 'wire model' view and simply show the mesh as a black grid on the white shader. It's hard to distinguish the wireframe when you see the rear mesh and the front mesh simultaneously.

besides, I second what meathead said about the intro/outro. Simple text on black with easily legible information seems optimal.

earlyworm
The head bust at the end needs work - I'd remove it for the time being until you can improve it. The most obvious thing that stood out was the neck and head both looked very blocky - look at photo reference of heads from angles other than front and side views.

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.