PDA

View Full Version : C++ Api tutorials or helping the learning curve?

nottoshabi
10-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm trying to learn the Api ropes. Are there any tutorials out there to help this out? Or examples of pulg ins besides hello world, that I can see how they are done?

I have David Gould's book Complete Maya Programing. Which is great, I would also like to see more examples and maybe some video tutorials. Do you guys know of any schools that are actually teaching this subject or dvd's, or on line tutorials?

nessus
10-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Have you given a read of Maya's own documents (press F1 inside Maya)? There is a section dedicated for developers called "Developer Resources". Also, there are tons of examples under devkit folder inside maya install folder. If you read all these examples, I am pretty sure you can start making plug-ins beyond "hello world" assuming you already know C++.

ErikJohEve
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm trying to learn the Api ropes. Are there any tutorials out there to help this out? Or examples of pulg ins besides hello world, that I can see how they are done?

I have David Gould's book Complete Maya Programing. Which is great, I would also like to see more examples and maybe some video tutorials. Do you guys know of any schools that are actually teaching this subject or dvd's, or on line tutorials?

I dont really understand how to make a video tutorial of someone programming.

Else what poster above me posted sums it up pretty good.

http://ewertb.soundlinker.com/maya.php
ewert also got some good stuff

nottoshabi
10-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys. I forgot the maya documentation section.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2010, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.