PDA

View Full Version : Align or Snap Object to another Objects face??

psxchelly
10-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I am making the side of a ship for a close up. I want to make it look like there is metal with rivets/screws. I created a half of a sphere for the rivet, which is one object, and the ships hull is another object (a editable poly). I think I will end up with probably 50+ "rivets", and adjusting them by hand to look like they are flat against the hull will take too long.

I have tried Alt-N for Normal align, but I cant seem to get the sphere to align to the face of the ships hull.

Am I going about this wrong? Is there a better way? Or am I missing a step in my normal align?

thanks for any help.
Michelle

Nyro
10-04-2010, 11:03 PM
When I hear "editable poly" I'm thinking '3ds Max'. But you should really specify the software you're referring to when asking such specific questions, especially when you post them in the rather generic Modeling forum.

Thus, I recommend re-posting this in the dedicated Max forum (maybe a Moderator can move the thread), simply because that's where the people who can certainly help you tend to hang out.

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2010, 11:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.