PDA

View Full Version : Masters Final Project Animation

jahirulamin
10-04-2010, 06:03 PM
This is the final outcome for my final project whist studying for my MA at Bournemouth University. It was a 12 week project - I then spent a further two weeks to tweak a few things.
As always, all comments and feedback are most welcome.

http://vimeo.com/15160069

Sound and Music by Nathan Pearson.

Kev3D
10-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Hah! That's a great little story, nice work.

I noticed some of the texturing around the buttons was really cool.

jahirulamin
10-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks Kevin. Glad you enjoyed it.

mistasam02
10-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Great idea! Short and sweet :D

jahirulamin
10-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks ...

Nightkrawler xo
10-07-2010, 11:26 PM
It may be just me,but i don't understand the plot if there is one,is seems there was no story at all. I get it the Squirrel dropped a bomb and flew a plane,but why should we care? Not saying to be harsh,i just don't see it as a short film.

jahirulamin
10-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to message me. If you're interested to find out more about the plot, there's a synopsis below.

'How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Render the Bomb' is a short narrative which comments sardonically on man's hubris and his disregard for the environment. The audience sees a Lancaster Bomber flying low in its approach to the concrete jungle of a modern metropolis. The pilot navigates right into the heart of the city and drops its bomb - a bomb which resembles an acorn. The acorn hits the ground and explodes into a vast oak tree, thereby returning green to this grey city. The camera finally returns to the interior of the cockpit to reveal a squirrel as pilot.

I hope that helps a little, but I do take your criticism on board.

Thanks again
Jahirul

mattmos
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I really enjoyed the story, simple but effective message, and very nice work overall! The design of the bomb was an especially nice touch. Maybe the foliage of the tree could have done with a bit more depth/texture, and I think the title could be a bit less geeky! Nitpicks aside, deserves a beer I think :beer:

jahirulamin
10-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi Matt.
Thanks for the feedback. Your right about the tree - it does lacks depth and more. Unfortunately, my machine kept crashing during the render and I had to mix a capture from the viewport onto a backplate. Its a big fudge but with the deadline looming - it seemed the only option.

Awesome work on the rig you did for Bournemouth Uni - fantastic stuff.

Hope all is well.

J

mattmos
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I remember those deadlines... shudder!

I think it might be worth re-rendering the leaves if you have time - its kind of the money shot, and would be worth a touch up I reckon.

Cheers for the comments on the rig, hope he's been useful to the students there - looking forward to seeing some animations with him!

jahirulamin
10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
There are quite a few things that I hope to one day go back and re-do. Hopefully in the future, i'll find some time.

Your rig definitely came in handy - not just for the animation side but also for rigging - it's been great trying to de-construct it to see how you put it together.

I think there are a few people currently using it to do some exercises
so i'm sure they'll post some vids up soon.

J

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.