PDA

View Full Version : Oded Granot - 2010 VFX Reel

odedg21
10-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone

This is my 2010 VFX & compositing reel
the main thing in it is my final project at VFS
it also features some shots from Moby's "Wait for me" and from some 2009 stuff made in Israel.

I'll be happy to get some reviews

this is the link to my reel: www.odedgranot.com

10x

Oded Granot
www.odedgranot.com

Kev3D
10-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Very nice work on the transforming car there, top notch!

odedg21
10-07-2010, 08:18 AM
thanks, i'm currently looking for work here in vancouver
do you think there is something i should change or redo?
i've been working on that project for a while

Oded Granot
www.odedgranot.com

Kev3D
10-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Personally I'd find it difficult to imagine you having too much trouble finding a position with that reel. If you had any more polished 3D pieces you could chuck them in there to ad a bit of of variety but only if they are really polished.

odedg21
10-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I'mm more of a compositor so i tried to put the weight for the compositing, although in that specific project at VFS i decided to do what i'm not familiar with which was 3D, it was the exact opposite of what i do usually....it's all CG except the driver, and it included alot of modeling, animation, rigging and all the other aspects of 3d....there is a shot where i tracked the driver to get the car's max rotation, than I animated the camera to go through the tunnel, and than I exported a 2d tracking pass to track the movement of the chair so i could put the 2d driver back in...and it calculates it's scaling and translation.... :)

i hope someone will find these things interesting...

thanks for your comments

Oded Granot
www.odedgranot.com

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2010, 09:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.