PDA

View Full Version : Turntables for a Reel, Marmoset?

novaprospekt
10-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey, I've been working on some piece lately to add to a final, good quality demo reel with turntable of all my characters in different shader levels.
I'm wondering, can marmoset render out animated turntables? and with what version.
I dont want to use Max, the renders aren't right for a realtime look.
I was thinking maybe Zbrush,
but whats the most common programs other artists use?

BigErn
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Seems like the latest Marmoset 1.02 has options to save out a turntable movie, but I have never used that version. In the past I have done this with the 0.5 free version by skinning all the objects to 1 bone, spin it around in maya and then export it to Marmoset. I used Fraps to grab the movie. Results were ok, all depends on your system spec and if it can handle the resolution. Maybe the latest version is better. Good Luck!

Psyk0
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM
As an alternative, it should be quite easy to get a turntable from UDK...

http://eat3d.com/creating-turntable-animation

palohman
10-30-2010, 03:51 AM
the new Marmoset toolbag is pretty damn easy to setup nice materials and lighting, does indeed have built in video capture, plus independent model and lighting turning features

JYoung
10-30-2010, 06:23 PM
I really think marmoset is currently the best way to present game assets due to its ease of use and quick setup time, as well as quality. It does have a turntable feature and the ability to render out video files which is pretty nice.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2010, 06:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.