PDA

View Full Version : transform and point cache tool.

dim1984kimo
10-03-2010, 08:41 AM
hi all,

http://www.xsibase.com/articles.php?detail=122

this article is about using tranform and point cache tool to make a pipeline with max and xsi.

Recently, I use 3dsmax and maya for a project, maya for animation and max for vfx.

Does it have any way for maya to 3dsmax by transform and point cache?

I remember someone has shared maya point cache bebore, but only for maya2008. Now my studio is using maya2010, however, transform cache is still a balckhole problem.

Thanks for help!

shcmack
10-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure if this is new to Maya 2011, but the 2011 version of Maya have something called 'Geometry Cache', which bakes the position of each vertex into a cache files.

I think these files should be readable within Max by loading them within Max's 'Point Cache' tool.

By the way, doesn't the FBX export from Maya to Max work?

dim1984kimo
10-04-2010, 03:13 AM
FBX format is great, but only for 80% scene. Sometimes we used cloth(Maya nCloth is great.) or other riggin method(Dynamics Rig with Hair or SpineLine) to animated our charactor. So when I saw xsi to max, I am very exciting on it.

I've told our rig department to change their method to rig, but it's hard to change their pipeline. So I am thinking if I could use that to transfer information to max will promote ours alot.

Thanks for reply!

royg
10-04-2010, 07:42 AM
We have used the geometry cache for animation transfer between max and maya without a hitch for a few years now. It is native to both apps and works great.

dim1984kimo
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
hi all,

now I have solved this preoblem, thanks to all!

Further more, I wanna export max's point cache file to maya, where should I set in maya, could load point cache file?

Thanks again!

just import it, I solved by myslef, never mind!

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.