PDA

View Full Version : maya2010/visual studio2008 "side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

Wixman
10-01-2010, 11:48 PM
So i'm attempting to write some plugins and i've fallen at the first hurdle - i've seemed to get visual studio working with the maya plugin wizard and i've got a simple 'hello world' plugin together to test everything.

In Maya, when loading the plugin i'm getting the error

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2010/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 663: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
(helloWorld) //

this is when running the 'Debug_2010' version of the file - when I load the 'Release_2010' version, i'm getting no errors and everything's peachy.

anyone have any suggestions?

uiron
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
this could be related to a bug in one of the VC redistributables release. I once resolved this issue just by uninstalling all VC redistributables (you can see them in the "Add/Remove Programs" in XP, or "Programs and Features" in Win7 under name "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008", could be multiple versions installed), and just install the latest one from Microsoft.

Caution though, this *could* break some of your other installed applications - didn't happen even once though on several computers in our office though..

Wixman
10-04-2010, 08:25 PM
changed my runtime library to /MTd

seems to be ok now.

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2010, 08:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.