PDA

View Full Version : Average UVs ?

SUNCHIRP
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Any one point me in the direction of what I may need to do script wise to Average UVs, kind of like how averaging vertices works, but for UVs instead ?

EDIT :

Ideally, I want to average on either U or V ( or both ) I will create a script that will let you choose which.

Byterunner
09-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Is there a reason that you're not using the Unfold or Relax UV tools? Using those always seem to get me a good averaging of UVs. You can even constrain horizontal or vertical.

NaughtyNathan
09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Andrew is right, Relax UVs is essentially analagous to average vertices. The MEL/py command for it is untangleUV.

:nathaN

SUNCHIRP
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks, I'll look into that command further,

I did try relax ( and I don't know if it's because I'm still in maya 2008 ), but the relax was globally applied in both U and V for any selections, I wanted to specify either U 'or' V.

The script I'm writing deals with laying out geo. sections, and then using the actual 'unfold' mel command to 'pinch' uvs on either u or v, I then want to average on either u or v ( so the pinching isn't 'as' extreme ), but relax 'as is' didn't seem to do what I wanted, as it is uniformly applied rather than on either u or v. Looking at the command reference for untangleuv in 2008 docs, I can't find any reference to relaxing in either u or v only, unless I'm missing something obvious ?

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.