PDA

View Full Version : shag hair selection set not seen??

daniella3d
10-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Hello,

I am trying to use Shag hair with the named selection set but nothing appear on the scroll down menu. I have 3 selection sets on my model.

Maybe I did not set them correctly? I can use these named selection sets if I go to sub-object level and they work fine....selecting my faces no problem.

but in shag hair they don't show up, so that I cannot set my hair according to named selection sets...

I use Shag hair 1.016 with 3dsMax 5

any idea ?

Dave Black
10-03-2003, 06:14 PM
When you say "hair", do you mean the SH display object, or the splines themselves?

-3DZ

:D

daniella3d
10-03-2003, 07:13 PM
in the shag hair menu, when assigning or selecting a emitter, there is a button called face level. If you click on it, there is a popup menu with different options. One is called named selection sets. I have some selection sets on my model but they don't appear in this pulldown menu in Shag hair. I see nothing there.

daniella3d
10-03-2003, 07:18 PM
I was following the tutorial on digimation web site for shag hair but it does not work for me. they are assigning shag hair to face level with named selection set and in their tutorial I can see that their 'named selection sets' menu contain something when they click on it. mine does not show my selection sets...

So I am not sure that I assigned my selection set in 3dsMax to begin with...or if it's a bug with shad hair 1.016

Conni
10-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Do you want to assign the shag:hair to an editable poly object?
AFAIK, in shag:hair you cannot assign hair to named selection on an editable polygon. This only works with editable mesh objects.
Perhaps you can transform the named selection to a selection with a different material id then the rest of the object. The face selection based on the mat. ID works.
-Cornelius

daniella3d
10-05-2003, 02:57 PM
so that's why then...yes I am using a editable poly, not a mesh. I did not know because I would have used a mesh instead of a poly. thanks for the tip :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.