PDA

View Full Version : To Gnomon or not to Gnomon?

MrJuzah
09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey guys,

I've a big decision to make; To dish out for a 1-10 week program at Gnomon or not!

My 3D work is coming along well i think, im ahead of my class mates and i feel im quickly outgrowing the resources available at my uni, as there is only one member of staff available 1 day a week who has industry experience. I've started to branch off from organic/hardsurface modelling, and have the basics of uv unwrapping & texturing. So i would most likely want to take on a course in Kinematics or Poly modelling to further build on what i know.

I think if Gnomon live up to the rep it'd be 1,000 well spent, but the problem is...I know nobody who has participated in a gnomon workshop..and every university here CLAIMS to be the best available and to be reveered within the industry...but of course its all rubbish, they're only interested in getting your money.

Would really appreciate it if anybody could share their experiences so that i could make an informed decision,

Thanks in advance!

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.