PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Problem

donvlatko
10-03-2003, 01:21 PM
FLUID PROBLEM

The other day I was watching "Fluid DVD". In on part of the movie hi explain a reverse effect with logo of MAYA in 2D container.

I try the same but it want work in my logo.

What I do is:

I make a 2D container and with PaintFluidsTool draw something simple.
When I play I see the animation. Than I make a cache. And than I make a keys for Out Time(time1) on 1 and 100 so I could work in GraphEditor. Than I go to GraphEditor to change key on 1 frame to value if 100 and key on 100 frame to value 1 and nothing change.
On the movie I see the reverse of fluid animation but in my case there is not effecet.

Can some one tell me what am i doing worong????

thanks

rhankins
10-03-2003, 05:13 PM
if you've made a cache you then create a new time node which by default will be called time2. You can then set keyframes on this time node to start at 100 on the first frame and 1 on the last frame (effectively reversing that of time1). Then connect the time2 node to the outtime of the fluidShape. Make sure that the fluid is set to read from the cache. Go to the caching tab in the fluidShape node and make sure. That should do it.

donvlatko
10-03-2003, 07:26 PM
thanks, but how to make new time node?

NightCrawler3d
10-04-2003, 05:56 AM
i think this is what u r looking for

http://www.screamingghost.com/toms/ghost/tutorials.htm

at least u will find the time node thingy

btw
what fluid dvd r u talking about
is that example like the one on alias site
in that one the fluid was red bu the logo didnt look good
i like the one this tut

rhankins
10-04-2003, 07:00 AM
To create a new time node just type in the script editor

createNode time;

the result is a new time node with the default name time2 will be created. you can see this new node in the outliner by unchecking Display ->DAG Objects only.

donvlatko
10-04-2003, 09:57 AM
thanks people!!!

I think I will make my effect to work now:)

Ok, I am going to try....

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.