PDA

View Full Version : Digital fusion VS Shake

sawamura
10-03-2003, 10:41 AM
HI
I'm a novice of compositing..:)
I have a question.
What's the differences between DFusion and Shake?
Is Shake faster or better than Digital fusion?
Is DF used in the movie?
I think DF is a little slow for the rendering and the preview.I'm right?

ciao
sawamura

Jayk2k
10-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Both applications are very similar. Each person has their own preference.

I have heard former shake artists say that there are features in DF that make things easier, like it's timeline and spline editors.

I think performance wise, shake on windows (which has now been discontinued) and Df were similar, but have heard that shake on linux is faster.

Both apps have been used in feature films, I most recently worked on one called Goodboy with DF. There are also more and more studios buying into DF as shake is migrating out of the windows world.

alphatron
10-04-2003, 12:36 AM
I recently gave Shake a whirl after using DF in a few small projects, and find their workflow quite similar. I actually prefer DF for the moment, as it seems you can do more in less steps, and I prefer the interface. DF is also cheaper.

Based on my observations, I'd say the Shake community is quite a bit more active, as I see new scripts, plugins, tutorials, and training material announced more often than DF.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.