PDA

View Full Version : Images Rendering as if Lights are not on? Dark Stills.

Plafstarlight
09-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I posted this in Render section but I believe it could be something in the code as well pertaining to the movement?

When I set up the lights and rendered from the front, the image was lit appropriately. Then I wanted still images from every 15deg so I parented my lights to the camera. This way I just I rotate the camera around aim, and the lights follow appropriately. I tried rendering with the lights on and the lights off, the files look the same. I thought maybe the lights shouldn't be behind the camera, put them in front, no difference.
My guess is I mess'd up some setting, just don't know what.

This link will show you the images and a screen shot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/12426629@N08/sets/72157624899807611/)

Also, if someone knows what it takes to make the lights, rotate every 15 deg, but stay situated the same relative to each other I would be open to that advice as well.

for i in range(24):
d=i*15
x=37*(math.cos(d*math.pi/180))
z=37*(math.sin(d*math.pi/180))
print"x",x,'y',y
print i,'cycle',deg
c.select('camera1')
c.move( x, -45, z, a=1)
c.render('camera1', x=432, y=864)

Thanks for any troubleshooting help someone might have!

NaughtyNathan
09-24-2010, 05:26 PM
group the lights together (parent them under an empty transform (CTRL-G) ) then move the group pivot to wherever your rotation point is supposed to be...?

:nathaN

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2010, 05:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.