PDA

View Full Version : Digital Design; NYU vs. Parsons, and Certificate vs. Associate degree

nycgurl
09-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I graduated from college two years ago with a BA in a totally unrelated field, but I'd like to study something where I will actually be able to find work. I'm interested in the digital design field, with a view towards getting a job at a digital agency in New York. Since I already have college loans, I'm looking into the most cost-effective path to getting an education in this field. I live in Manhattan, and I'm looking at the continuing ed and associate degree programs at Parsons and NYU in Digital Design. Both schools seem to offer similar programs, but I don't know how respected they are in the field. Does anyone have any feedback on the value of a certificate program versus an associate degree program? Any suggestions for the most cost-effective approach? In light of the current job market, which is considered better, NYU or Parsons? Thanks so much.

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2010, 04:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.