PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Eclipse :: Production Focus

PaulHellard
09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey there,

Tippett Studio and Image Engine have been hard at work with Summit to produce the latest installment to the 'Twilight' saga. Wolves and snow, running in the the forest. Have a read to find that it was so much more than just that.

Click to read the article.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/eclipse_plug.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=5881)

Pyke
09-23-2010, 05:00 PM
The effects in Eclipse really were excellent, and the movie generally more approachable than the previous 2. Im not a fan, but my girlfriend is, and I actually didn't mind sitting through this one.

On another note, I quite like the DI in the Twilight movies...really does add some nice atmosphere without being to overpowering. I suppose not worrying about preservation of skin tones gives them a little more freedom. ;)

QuantumPixel
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Congratulations guys and gals.

TyroneMaddams
09-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah honestly i thought the Twilight series would be just terrible.. but after my girlfriend watched them for the 8th time and i actually paid attention, i found myself enjoying it!

So excellent work to the teams involved, you did such a good job i confessed to liking Twilight :)
:blush:

- Ty

masterofacid
09-24-2010, 10:50 AM
I am quite sick and tired of the "game-quality" animation that seems to be the standard in hollywood right now. There is often a fundamental lack of weight and balance, Twilight is no exception. They then try to cover this up with musicvideo editing so that you have no chance in adjusting your mind and/or eyes to the action. This way they get away with sloppy and choppy animations.

- the old fart

zeden
09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
I am quite sick and tired of the "game-quality" animation that seems to be the standard in hollywood right now. There is often a fundamental lack of weight and balance, Twilight is no exception. They then try to cover this up with musicvideo editing so that you have no chance in adjusting your mind and/or eyes to the action. This way they get away with sloppy and choppy animations.

- the old fart

+1

- A young fart

PacManiac
09-26-2010, 05:12 PM

- the old fart

+1

- the middle aged fart

sfox8
09-26-2010, 06:38 PM
I think as a whole, Eclipse was MILES above the first two movies, in just about every department (acting, directing, CG, artistic direction, etc). I actually didn't mind being dragged to Eclipse three times.

Great job to everyone who worked on this! The CG was very good and the movie was a success overall in my opinion.

rafaelreis
10-01-2010, 08:41 AM
lol. wolves animation is not good... seems like a ps3-game animation

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2010, 08:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.