PDA

View Full Version : Software

lewissatini
09-23-2010, 11:29 AM
I have hard time modeling in Maya.
Is there anyone know what best software to use for modeling and fast rendering? that have the tools all needed, perfect boolean and faster modeling.

Please give a reason why you choose that
Thanks

Animasta
09-24-2010, 02:43 AM
You're going to have a hard time modeling in any program until you get used to the tools needed to perform the tasks you want to perform. Maya is a very easy program to learn (for me it was, but I can also model in Lightwave, and Blender). It isn't the program that makes modeling hard or easy, it's the user.

Learn what tools you need to, then assign them to hotkeys or to a custom shelf for easy access. Also, do a lot of Maya tutorials. I recommend you start with Digital Tutors.

catche
09-24-2010, 03:02 AM
if you're talking about simple modeling like buildings, simple characters, vehicles/planes then a program like max or maya will do fine, some people say max is better for modelling/rendering and maya better for animation. If you're talking about sculpting characters/environments you need zbrush/mudbox/similar programs.

raybarrera
10-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I started learning Maya first, but found Max to be far easier to work with.

Augrymal
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Softimage is the best - in my experience. Once you learn the basic shortcuts, you fly. But then again, everyone will tell you their software of choice is the best.
And I don't think there is such a thing as perfect boolean operations. Boolean neatness depends entirely on the geometry you're using.

lewissatini
10-04-2010, 12:20 PM
In case of limited resources. what software give best?
What I mean limited resources is that I don't have higher workstation to work on rendering and I need to render it fast with the ray tracing, etc, to make the scene looks good

Playdo
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
What do you want to model and for what purpose?

Animasta
10-04-2010, 11:14 PM
In case of limited resources. what software give best?
What I mean limited resources is that I don't have higher workstation to work on rendering and I need to render it fast with the ray tracing, etc, to make the scene looks good

You'll want Lightwave then. It can run on a really low-end system.

Alekzsander
10-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Maybe you are looking for Blender is free and has several options
-model
-shade
-animate
-composite
-interactive3d
- Sculpt
- Game engine
and much more :) It's the best option you can have
Good luck

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2010, 01:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.